We live in the golden age of apps. Apps send us a lot of information, forcing us to update, install the latest extensions, How to uninstall apps on mac and read marketing messages pouring out of pop-up windows. Your best defense is to learn to delete software correctly. Simply dragging the application to the Trash cannot safely delete the program.
Why? Because this will leave application fragments. Leaving half of the uninstalled software will take up billions of bytes of space on your Mac hard drive, creating a useless mess. These spaces can undoubtedly have better uses. That’s why, before Apple decides to make the right choice and develop a better way to uninstall apps on Mac completely, we have prepared some practical tips and tricks to help you manually uninstall apps and keep your Mac at its peak performance for a long time…
Complete guide to uninstall software on Mac
This guide will show you how to altogether remove applications from your Mac to free up space and let the Mac run at full speed.
We have prepared two methods for deleting apps on Mac:
- A hands-on DIY guide for anyone who wants to master all the steps closely and manually delete applications from Mac
- A faster and more effective automatic method requires cleaning the CleanMyMac X (for people who are short of time).
No matter which method you choose, you will be able to delete the application correctly on your Mac. After that, you will have a clean Mac and more free space for storing digital assets.
In addition, we have added two additional tips for uninstalling Java and Flash Player:
- Extra Tip 1: Uninstall Java on Mac
- Extra Tip 2: Uninstall Java on Mac
Sounds great, right? Next, let’s clean up the garbage!
How to manually delete programs on Mac: How to uninstall apps on mac
Now is the time to reveal the secret. We will show you where you can find application-related files that still exist on your Mac after you send the application to the trash.
But before we continue, please proceed with caution. If you choose the manual method to delete programs on your Mac, we admire your determination, but we must also warn you to double-check what you want to delete. You cannot delete basic system files. Therefore, before you start to uninstall the software on your Mac, double-check all file names and make sure they belong to the application you want to delete.
Sometimes, for mysterious reasons, Mac will refuse to delete some files. If this happens, restart the system and try again after pressing Command-Option-Esc and making sure that the application is not listed as running. The application is listed as running, please force quit and try again.
If you do not check thoroughly enough, some application files may be missed when performing manual methods. Again, please skip ahead to an automated solution using
CleanMyMac the X if you have any questions.
Now, let’s cheer up and start manually looking for the remaining fragments of the application! To make sure you don’t miss anything and remove the software from your Mac correctly, please follow these steps:
- Step 1-Write down the name of the application you have sent to the Trash, and then go to the next step to start looking for the rest of the application and related files.
- Step 2-Go to the following location, and if you find a folder associated with any application name you wrote down, delete it to uninstall the program altogether.
Therefore, to completely delete the app and the rest of it from the Mac,
A quick way to delete apps on Mac
Next, we will show you how to use CleanMyMac X to delete applications on your Mac quickly. Although it may take hours to delete applications on your Mac manually, this Mac cleaning application will complete the work in just a few seconds, saving you valuable time.
What will it do? The cleaning application CleanMyMac X will automatically delete unwanted junk and remaining hidden files from the system. Doing so can free up a lot of space on your Mac, making it run quickly and easily.
Sounds great, right? Indeed it is! The following is the specific operation method:
Download CleanMyMac X and run the free version to clean up most of the junk. This means that you can delete several applications that cannot be deleted for free. If you like the effect of this program, you can upgrade to the paid version and clean up your Mac thoroughly. You can also uninstall applications on your Mac correctly at any given time without any restrictions.
To use CleanMyMac X to remove applications from your Mac in an easy way, follow these steps:
- Launch CleanMyMac and go to the “Uninstaller” tab
- Tap “View all apps.”
- Select the application you want to delete completely
- Click “Uninstall” to altogether remove the application from your Mac
As you can see from the screenshot, there is an option to filter App Store apps, unused apps, 32-bit apps, and so on.
Reset the application but do not delete: How to uninstall apps on mac
Yes, you can do the same. The reset application is the best self-help trick that any Mac user can try. Its role is to restore the application to its default state-most importantly-to keep your user data unchanged. Best carpet cleaner How to uninstall apps on mac For example, if your applications are not synchronized with each other, a reset can help restore the initial application settings. It deletes the application cache, which is the main cause of software failure. “Applications” reset function bits in CleanMyMac X “Uninstall Programs” tab.
Uninstall the application using Launchpad: How to uninstall apps on mac
You can use Launchpad to delete apps and widgets.
- Open Launchpad in the Dock
- Hold down the Option key and tap any application
- Wait until the app starts shaking
Now you can tap the hovering [X] icon to delete the application.
How to completely uninstall Java from Mac
As we all know, Java plug-ins have conflicts with many applications. Reinstalling Java can help to get some How to uninstall apps on mac Mac services back to work. Deleting Java ultimately seems more complicated than uninstalling ordinary applications, but it is not very difficult. With just a few taps and double taps, you can free up more space and speed up your Mac to avoid confusion. Of course, if you want, you can also install another Java version.
The following explains how to obliterate Java. Delete a directory and a file (symbolic link) as follows:
- Tap the Finder icon in the Dock
- Tap the “Utilities” folder
- Double-click the “terminal” icon
- Copy and paste the following commands in the terminal window:
- sudo rm -fr /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin
- sudo rm -fr /Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.profane
- sudo rm -fr ~/Library/Application\ Support/Java
How to completely delete Flash Player on Mac
Deleting Flash Player ultimately is utterly different from deleting standard applications. First, you need Adobe’s uninstaller. Best doorbell camera Secondly, you need to follow these instructions because the operation will be a bit complicated. But it’s not complicated enough to cause headaches, don’t worry!
A step-by-step guide to uninstall Flash Player:
- Click the Apple icon and select “About This Mac” to determine the version of macOS. macOS version will be shown here
- Determine which Adobe uninstaller is compatible with your version of Mac OS. You can check it on the Adobe website.
- Download and install the uninstaller
- Open the uninstaller, click “Uninstall,” and close all browsers (be sure to bookmark this page or print this page so that you can still follow the instructions later)
- All right! The uninstall process is over. You only need to perform one more step
- Delete the following directories to complete the deletion process:
- ~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash\ Player
- ~/Library/Caches/Adobe/Flash\ Player
Ok? Congratulations-you can now officially call yourself a geek. Now, if you want to delete applications on your Mac quickly, safely, and efficiently, please go back to the simplest way-use the cleanup application CleanMyMac X.
Don’t forget to empty the trash: How to uninstall apps on mac
After moving the app to the Trash, you need to empty it. Open the Trash and click the “Empty” button to erase its contents.
Benefits of adequately uninstalling applications on Mac
Next time you need to uninstall an application on your Mac, please remember that dragging it to the Trash does not affect it. It will only confirm the long-lasting laws of nature-nothing is missing. Who knows, maybe one day Apple will create a way to delete applications on the Mac properly. But this may be just wishful thinking or as unrealistic as waiting for Santa Claus to slide down the chimney. Best air purifier But don’t worry! Until then, we can rely on our ability to search for hidden application files. Even better, we can also open the quick and easy cleaning application CleanMyMac to handle these annoying things for us.
Now, you already know everything you need to delete an application on your Mac in the correct way, achieve a complete uninstall, and eliminate the application’s annoying and strange behavior. Whether you choose the manual method or choose to clean the application CleanMyMac X, you can be sure that there are no application files on your Mac that take up disk space in vain. Safety and cleanliness make for a good mood.