First things first, we would require high-quality user engaging content to rank the site in the search engine result page (SERP). The content creation moves through different levels; it initially includes keyword research, topic generation, content drafting, and optimizing the content according to the current SEO standards. Content niche plays a significant role in defining the overall scope of the business or the brand. It would require to conduct inter-subject research for making it more precise and relevant.
There are two phases involved in search engine optimization (SEO). It is not limited to a single factor. However, we need to consider all the factors before moving into a particular direction. The first phase is known as on-site optimization and the second one as off-site optimization. Let’s first take a brief overview of the factors that have a significant impact on on-site SEO.
- Setting-Up Google Search Console Account
- Relevant or niche related keyword research
- Submitting a site map to Google to make the crawling and indexation process easier for the search engine.
- Installing Third-party plugins to keep an eye on our performance.
- Now, we’ve to set up Google Analytics Account; it will let us know search patterns and our performance from Google’s perspective. We’ll be able to know about our page views, time spent on the site by the user, bounce back rate, and more.
Keyword research can be considered as the backbone of on-site optimization. We’ll be targeting low-search volume and long-tail keywords. It will let us acquire the ranking easily. Our textual content will be purely based on this research. Keywords will be used in Meta titles, meta descriptions, and we’ll manage the keyword density in the content about 1% to 2%.
We’ll link every page of our site with the root domain or (Homepage). Google’s site structure highly recommends linking the pages with the root domain for the easy navigation of the user.
Now, Let’s take a look at off-site optimization:
Off-site optimization can be said to be the detrimental factor ultimate ranking in the search engine result page. It means that we would need to acquire quality inbound links from other sites. Links building can be executed on several platforms.
- Article Directories
- Site enlisting on business directories
- Guest Posting on other sites
- Getting involved in community discussions on different forums like Quora
Both phases are executed by highly taking plenty of factors into consideration. Whereas in the second phase, we would require to focus on generating links keenly. As, if we opt for low-quality and links from spammy sites, it would have a negative impact on the site’s authority.
Both phases have equal importance, and we can’t undermine the factors that are involved in both phases. To make your site rank high in the search engine result page, we must ensure to follow the current SEO standards. And do not move into the direction for endorsing black hat SEO tricks.