Once melanin has built up under the skin and pigment spots have formed, it won’t fade on its own. How to get rid of dark spots on the face But many inexpensive home remedies can help against age spots. However, always first test all products on a small area of the skin for compatibility.
Table of Contents
1. Lemons How to get rid of dark spots on the face
Many citrus fruits such as lemons and oranges contain the enzyme tyrosinase. Which is also found in the human organism and controls melanin production. How to get rid of dark spots on the face: lemon juice has a lot of vitamin C. This helps our skin break down the pigments.
- Dab cold-pressed lemon or orange oil (with the note “for cosmetic use”) on the affected areas of the skin several times a day and allow it to be absorbed
- alternatively, lemon juice can also be used
- ideally, the application takes place in the evening so that the oil can be absorbed into the skin overnight
- after daily application of the pigmented spots with home remedies for about four weeks should start to fade
2. Apple cider vinegar How to get rid of dark spots on the face
Apple cider vinegar works as a natural peeling due to its fruit acidity. It’s best to try it out for yourself. Test your skin beforehand for tolerance.
- Dab apple cider vinegar on the patches of skin that you want to fade several times a day
- In about a month, there will be successes.
- Suppose the apple cider vinegar causes skin irritation. Treatment with apple cider vinegar against pigment spots should discontinue.
3. Olive oil How to get rid of dark spots on the face
Sunflower and olive oils contain a high proportion of vitamin E, which ensures natural skin health and is essential for functioning the mechanisms in the skin. It can stimulate the breakdown of pigment spots.
- Rub olive or sunflower oil on the pigment spots
- Leave on for at least 15 minutes a day
4. Garlic with parsley How to get rid of dark spots on the face
Although the effect of the home remedy against pigment spots has not yet been proven. Vitamin C helps reduce age spots in the skin.
- Bring 250 ml of water to the boil and pour the parsley on top; let it steep for 15 minutes
- Halve the garlic clove and rub pigment spots with the open cut surface several times a day
- Then dab on the parsley stock and let it soak in
The valuable plant from the nightshade family offers two active ingredients against pigment spots: vitamin C and vitamin B3 (niacin). In combination, the potato ingredients are a potent home remedy for pigment spots and ensure a subtle skin lightening.
- Cut the raw potato lengthways, put a few drops of water on the cut and rub the potato on the skin, and the pigmentation disorder
- Wash off the area with water
- treat several times a day
Caution: Even if home remedies for age spots are a natural and gentle alternative in the fight against brown skin spots, you should always test the tolerance on the skin first.
PREVENT PIGMENT SPOTS EVEN BEFORE THEY APPEAR
To prevent age and pigment spots from appearing in the first place, you should always rely on comprehensive sun protection. How to get rid of dark spots on the face It is best to avoid the sun entirely during lunchtime and protect yourself with textile barriers such as long scarves and hats. Thanks to the filter system, the cream protects against light-induced skin aging and also reduces pigment spots.
DO HOME REMEDIES HELP AGAINST AGE SPOTS?
From apple cider vinegar to olive oil to lemon juice, there are a variety of home remedies for pigment spots. They can help break down the pigment melanin and make the skin supple.
Also read: How to lose body fat