SEO is the most cost-effective marketing strategy for businesses and organizations. Startups and developed companies have adopted SEO marketing strategies to maintain a solid position in the online market. There is massive competition in the online market, so SEO strategies should also be updated according to modern trends and tactics. Change is a never-ending spiral!
SEO – A Dynamic Landscape
- Up-to-date SERP features
- User intent
- Keyword trend
- Social Networks
The SEO prospect is certainly dynamic, but the above mentioned fundamental principle remains the same. Search engine algorithms are constantly evolving, so the SEO curve. If we want consistent ranking in the search engines, we must keep ourselves updated with SEO emerging trends.
Let’s have a Look at the 2020 trends!
SEO trends 2020
- Zero Clicks:
Position zero is the SERP feature referred to as “Featured snippets.” Zero-click searches appear on the top of search engine query results. Featured snippets tend Google to answer the user’s query on SERP without having any click. These zero-click searches lie in two categories:
- Rich snippet
It is a complete pack of information about any product that includes title, description, images, rating, prices, etc. your position in the SERP remains the same, and click-through rate(CTR) will be lowered.
- Featured snippets
It will provide the whole chunk of information at the top SERP and increase click-through rate(CTR).
Mobile & voice Search
From the past few years, it is revealed that web traffic is coming from mobile searches rather than desktop searches. Consequently, Google has introduced mobile index, i.e., Google predominantly utilizes Mobile pages for indexing and ranking that will affect both mobile and desktop web traffic. Mobile users often use voice searches to find their queries, so we can assume that Voice search is gearing up as an important trend in 2020.
Let’s see how to optimize your websites for voice assistant:
- Make your website mobile friendly and compatible with fast-paced page loading.
- Understand the user intent and catch up featured snippet optimization for online visibility.
- Voice assistant is more like two-way communication, so use long-tail keywords for being pulled up in the search results.
SEO is inadequate without content and your web pages and web traffic predominantly count upon quality content. Content affects everything, your web structure, traffic, keywords, SEO, linking, etc. Provide rich content for the snippets if you want to rank high in SERP. Optimize your content in the following way:
- Create a relevance between headings, subheadings, and title. These are representative of your website and provide keyword saturation in your content.
- Web traffic depends on the quality and value of the content, not on the length. Keep track of the Google analytics report and see which of your content has the highest-ranking and conversation with the user.
- Provide backlinks to your websites. Backlinking the highly reputable websites escalate the credibility of your websites. Internal and external links are of the best practices of SEO.
- Use the search terms(keywords) wisely because these keywords make your web pages visible in the search engines, and all of the content revolves around these keywords.
- Use keywords in headings, title, meta description, alt tags, snippets, etc.
Lastly, these are only a few SEO Plan tactics that will influence the digital landscape, so stay Tuned to learn more about Search Engine Optimization.