A formal letter is a medium of communication between two official representatives. This is the best way to make professional contact. It is necessary to know about the receiver to whom you are sending the formal letter to write accordingly. There are different types of formal letters. We will let you know how to write a formal letter in the best way so that you can make a good place in the heart of the receiver. In the following article, we get to know about How to write a Formal Letter? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
Types of the formal letters:
- A sales letter is designed to inform the market about your products and services. After reading your words, your sales letter should be like a magnet that attracts the market to your product and service. You have to write all the necessary information about your product or service in your formal letter.
- The inquiry letter is now from the purchaser’s side. When you are going to purchase any product and service and want more information about the product or service, you will write a letter called an inquiry letter.
- An apology letter is to do things right after some mistake. It is a way to show your apologies for your mistakes officially and professionally. It is used when you are serving any firm or a company.
- The acceptance letter is the tool you use to thank your official representative. When you get a job or any bonus or promotion, you have to write an acceptance letter to thank you for that honor.
- A claim letter is used when you are not satisfied with the product or service after using it, and you want compensation from the honor against that product or service.
- A cover letter is the most sent letter in the companies and firms. This letter is the proposal or is a medium to express your willingness towards a job. You have to attach your resume and the cover letter before sending it.
Format of writing a formal letter:
A few important things should include in your formal letter. Those things make your letter complete and look professional and effective. The things to add in your formal letter written below:
Your contact information, including your name and contact details
- Contact details and name of the receiver
- Subject and salutation
- Add the body of your letter
- Proof of your letter
Step by step procedure:
After reading the below step-by-step guide, you will be more professional when writing a formal letter.
The first step is to write your complete information regarding your name and contact information in the top-most left corner of the page.
After that, in the upper left corner of the page, write the current date when you are sending the letter.
The third step is to write the information about the receiver. The information includes his/her name, company’s name, and his /her job title and address.
Now it’s time to add the subject line to your letter. This subject line is concise and meaningful enough that expresses your whole writing.
Add the salutation in your letter after writing the subject line. Salutation includes Dear sir/madam.
The next step is to add the main boy to your letter. It should be 3 paragraphs. The first paragraph should be your introduction, the second paragraph should be your purpose of writing, and the last paragraph consists of the summarization.
Do your signature in the ending and your official email.
Also read: how to make white rice.